If you are an individual looking for a professional tailoring consultant, or a multi national company looking to improve your quality or production, then my 35 years of experience within the bespoke and wholesale tailoring sectors could be just the answer.
I have occasionally been approached to deliver high quality tailoring consultancy to a wide variety of companies within the tailoring industry. Delivering a depth of knowledge, passion and skill that only 35 years of experience in bespoke tailoring can bring.
Desmond Merrion is a highly commended bespoke tailoring consultant, with over 15 years experience working with acclaimed brands and international fashion houses.
Desmond is available to consult on all matters tailoring, such as:
- Improving the overall quality of wholesale made to measure or bespoke garments
- Adding semi or full bespoke tailoring to your production
- Pattern drafting for bespoke or engineered garments
- Efficiency in cloth cutting and lay planning
- Effective pattern manipulation from block patterns
- Specialised cutting for bespoke or engineered garments
- Improving garment quality of fit
- Traditional tailoring methods including full open coat construction garments
- Full canvas construction methods
- Pressing and garment finishing techniques
- Workshops on how to make trousers, jackets or any other bespoke or engineered garment
My specialist expertise is in that of traditional tailoring.
A tailoring consultant with real practical experience. Desmond’s personal career began in the wholesale tailoring trade at his fathers Doncaster based factory. This was a wholesale tailoring plant that made 3,000 suits per week. Desmond gained 14 years of full time hands on practical experience within the wholesale sector.